HousekeepingThe housekeeping in hotel is responsible for tidiness, maintenance and upkeepment of the organization. The role of housekeeping is to keep clean, comfortable, and safe house. It is the extension of basic housekeeping. Housekeeping in hotel takes the pride in keeping the hotel clean and comfortable so as to create home away from home.
Room status for Housekeeping: Maintaining record of the rooms in hotel on the basis of not cleaned rooms, cleaned rooms, Inspected rooms, under repair room’s .Front Desk staff should be able to see real time updates on screen.
Block room for maintenance issues: Recording that defects have been remedied, repairs and maintenance undertaken for reason like painting, repairs etc.
Lost and found management: If any belongings of guest are lost in the room then that belonging is informed by housekeeping staff to Front Desk.
Housekeeping and Front Desk communication: There should be proper communication between Housekeeping and Front Desk.
Maintaining records and reporting of defects, repairs: Informs to Maintenance Supervisor repairs such as light, fans, furniture etc.
Laundry Operational in hotel: Hotels produce a lot of dirty laundry. All of the bed linens, from the pillowcases to the sheets and blankets, as well as any towels and bathrobes, need to be laundered after each use. Even modestly sized motels with only a dozen rooms will produce load after load of laundry, and doing all the washing and drying in-house can be a huge time commitment and drain on resources.
Role and Responsibilities of distinct Housekeeper
Deputy House-keeper- The deputy house-keeper reports to the executive house-keeper or to the director of housekeeping. His / Her housekeeping duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare staff schedule and duty rotation.
- Check and ensure that all the public areas are cleaned regularly.
- Inspect the work of all the contracts like pest control, florist, off premises laundry and so on.
- Ensure periodical stock: Taking and maintaining of stock records for linen uniforms and equipments.
- Provide the necessary information the executive house-keeper regarding in preparation of budget.
Floor supervisor- The floor supervisor generally reports to the assistant house-keeper or Executive house-keeper.
Floor supervisor duties and responsibilities:
- Total responsible for the up-keepment of guest floors.
- Issue floor master keys to the room attendants.
- Supervise spring cleaning.
- Reports her maintenance work on her floor.
- Co-ordinate with room service for cleaning.
- Preparing of housekeeping status report.
- Maintaining of per stock of each floor.
Public area supervisor- The public area supervisor reports to the assistant house-keeper. Public areas are the front of the house areas such as entrance lobby, guest corridor, etc.
Public area supervisor duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all that all the public areas and other functional areas are spotless and cleaned.
- Ensure of special cleaning of public areas.
- Ensure that flower arrangements are placed in appropriate place in the public areas.
- Ensure that banquet hall conference hall is kept ready for the functions and conferences.
- Shift supervisor- Evening shift supervisor are needed for the floor public areas and control rooms. They reports to assistant house-keeper.
Control desk supervisor- The control desk supervisor reports to the assistant house-keeper. The control desk is the nerve center of housekeeping department. The desk is manned 24 hours a day since control desk is the hub of information in housekeeping the control desk supervisor is the critical person in housekeeping operation.
Control desk supervisor duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates with front office for the information of departure room and realizing of rooms.
- Co-ordinates with other departments for the smooth functioning efficiency.
- Up keepment of various registers maintain in housekeeping.
- Receive complains on maintenance and housekeeping.
Guest room attendant- They reports to floor supervisor or night supervisor.
Guest room attendant duties and responsibilities:
- Clean and tidy rooms as per sanitary regulations assigned.
- Change guest room and bathroom linens.
- Replenish guest supplies.
- Responsible for the total cleaning of rooms.
- Replenish the maids cart with guest supplies cleaning agents etc.